Sunday, July 7th, 2013, our sweet little Jax Man made his debut, but not without some stress and fear.
Thankfully, Jaxon is now doing wonderfully- his hypothermia and atelectasis (partial collapse of lung tissue) have now subsided. No more residual fetal fluid in the lungs; he no longer needs extra oxygen to help him breath without de-saturating. All of the tests have come up negative for serious infection, so he is no longer on antibiotics. His heart echogram came back perfect, too.
I had a hard time in the beginning days of Jax's birth, as so much of what was going on with Jax was bringing back some awful flashbacks of Elise's birth. But, after a few days of being with Jax here at LDS hospital, it is clear that Jax is not going to go through nearly as much as Elise did. (Jax is getting released tomorrow on July 12th). No necrotizing enterocolitis, no heart surgery scares, and no oxygen tank at home. We are certainly counting our blessings for that.
Once again, I am close to tears as I think about the incredible blessing the priesthood has been in the lives of my children, as well as the inspired medical care they have been able to receive. Loren Walker, (Tyson's dad) came down the day after Jaxon was born and helped Tyson administer to him. (They also gave me a blessing, since I clearly needed one too!) I will forever be in debt to my Savior for healing and protecting my babies. I will also be forever grateful for the medical professionals who sacrifice so much time and energy in order to be the inspired healing hands both Jax and Elise have needed.
Here are some pictures of Jaxon; I love this little man so much. He is so sweet, and yet seems to be so strong at the same time. It is hard to explain, it is just the feeling I get around him: a quiet strength. Who knows if that strength will remain "quiet" as he grows, but I can sense that this strength is a part of who he truly is.
Tyson with Jax in the Special Care Nursery and Jaxon on Oxygen
This picture was taken when Jax was 2 hours old
Jaxon's cries are very quiet and infrequent. He is very active already, (he was the same way in my womb)! Jax is also an excellent nurser. He was only 6 lbs and 4 oz., but 21 inches long at birth--- making him my long, lean little fighter. As of now, I think he reminds me of a Jones, more than a Walker looks wise, but that can change quickly as he grows.






Yay!!! Congratulations!! I am sooo glad that he is doing so well now, and you guys get to be home with him! He is such a handsome little guy!
ReplyDeleteI SO love reading all these details- the priesthood blessing, Jax's strength, etc. I am SO glad he is doing so well and all of our prayers have been answered. He is such an adorable little man and you sure look beautiful- how in the heck do you manage that right after giving birth?! Sure love you!
ReplyDelete