Monday, May 21, 2012
Elise's signature scoot!
Elise has developed her own signature scoot! Here's a video clip of her in action.
Yesterday a woman saw Elise scooting, and told me that she was the same way as a baby. She then added that because she never crawled, her peripheral vision never fully developed. Sigh. I hope that's not really true. I've already been told multiple times that Elise's reading abilities might be hindered too.
Thankfully, my pediatrician laughed and said that all of those notions I've been hearing are old wives tales. He explained to me that there are many ways for a child to develop and grow perfectly WITHOUT ever crawling.
My other comfort is that my nephew never crawled and is a 4.0 student as well as a star athlete . . . let's hope that runs in the genes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love this! Jim and I had a good laugh at it :) Tori only spent a week or so crawling, and she seems to be fine. We also heard from a couple different people that she was autistic, has asperger's, etc. She seems fine, and our doctor (who I loved!) always kind of had a wait-and-see attitude. Riley seems to develop a little faster, and our new doctor says she needs Early Intervention for slow language. It's all personal opinion. So I say, don't listen to PEOPLE, just trust your intuition. I think she seems great though, and so so cute! Also, love her hair!
ReplyDeleteI love her scoot! She is so good at that.That is too cute. Braelyn wanted to watch that video clip of her again and again :) When Dal was a baby he did a similar scoot but he only used one leg to propel himself and kept the other leg under his bum-it was pretty funny. I love how you do her hair too-it looks adorable. And hey we are moving to Utah next weekend so we will have to play soon!
ReplyDelete