Saturday, November 13, 2010

You want me to put my hands where?!!

I ran 20 yards today!! Yes, I know-- running 20 yards doesn't sound all that impressive, however you have to know that these 20 yards were ran as I interwove around opponents, in 30 degree weather, while carrying a football, and having some very hefty women trying to tackle me. Oh and just prior to running the 20 yards, I had been sacked twice by those women. 

(For some odd reason, my coaches decided to put me as quarterback today- a position I really know very little about and one that I have never played before in my life- and from my overall performance, you could definitely tell how new I was.) 

Oh, and why hasn't anyone mentioned where my hands must be in order to get a snap?!  Yikes- Tyson was laughing from the sidelines when he saw my reaction to the coaches instruction on that.  I'm just not used to being that up close and personal.  If you don't know what I'm talking about-- ask someone who knows football and you'll understand why I was a little squimish about it- or maybe this cartoon will give you an idea.  

3 comments:

  1. He He He...I had no idea either! Have fun with that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny Jen. I hadn't thought about it.
    So, how did your 20 yards end? Touch down? out of bounds?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually the coaches just blew the whistle, so I stopped running. (They were trying to get through a bunch of plays.) Even though the whistle blew, and I'd stopped running, 3 girls came and tackled me to the ground anyway.

    ReplyDelete