Sunday, January 31, 2010
My Parents' New Calling
Yesterday, we found out that my mother has been called as a Temple Worker and my father has been called as a Temple Sealer for the Palmyra, New York Temple! Our whole family is so excited about this; I can't imagine a more perfect calling for my parents. I can tell my dad is very humbled by the experience, but we all know he will do such an amazing job magnifying this calling. He has so much energy and such a love for the gospel, as does my mom. All the brides and grooms will be blessed to have him perform their sealings. I didn't know this until now, but when a person is called as a Temple Sealer, it is a calling that lasts for life AND eternity. You also have to be at least 55 years old, have never been divorced, and your wife must be a worthy temple recommend holder. To have been sealed by him when we got married a year and a half ago would have been so cool, my nieces and nephews are so lucky because they will have the opportunity to be sealed by their Grandfather! We're so proud of their wonderful lives of service and we hope we can follow their examples.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


That is so neat! Congradulations to them!
ReplyDeleteWhat an honor and blessing! I didn't know that about Sealers either!
ReplyDelete