Sunday, December 6, 2009
Our First Home
Tyson and I bought our first home this past August- We LOVE it! It's perfect for us- it's just the right size, located in a safe, beautiful area, (minutes away from the Bountiful Temple where we were married) two stories with a large loft, and best of all, it fits in our budget. We got an amazing deal on it. Tyson is so handy around the house with all the renovations we decided to embark on. He and his brothers installed a beautiful lamenent wood flooring in place of the worn-out carpet, and put in all kinds of shelving to maximize our storage space. I've been focusing on choosing the wall colors and painting them. I love the vaulted ceilings, except when it comes to climbing a ladder and attempting to paint 26 feet above the floor. I actually about lost my balance when I was rushing too much one day, and in the process, spilled the paint all over the side of my face and body. Wow- pretty funny from Tyson's perspective, not so funny from mine. It actually stained all the way through to every layer of my underwear! Nice- gotta love that. Anyway, inspite of the mishaps, we feel greatly blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can't wait to see your house! We're coming to Utah for Christmas? Will you be around?
ReplyDeleteYour place Rocks!!!
ReplyDeletecongrats on the new house. i'm impressed you are already painting. that's a challenge i'm not sure i'm up for - mostly because i wouldn't be able to pick out the paint colors! if someone could do that for me, then i would be happy to paint! you need to post pictures. we want to see it.
ReplyDelete