Friday, January 6, 2012

Elise's First Flight

I was 5 months old when I flew on an airplane for the first time.  A couple weeks ago, (when traveling to Austin, TX for Christmas) Elise flew on an airplane for the very first time at 5 1/2 months old. Like mother, like daughter I guess.

A fun benefit about traveling with a child on Southwest Airlines is that when people are choosing their seats and see you with a baby, they tend to stray as far away from you as possible.  Ha!  On our first flight, there was only one unused seat on the plane . . . and that seat was next to me and Tyson & Elise!     We didn't complain. 

To top it off, Elise was SO GOOD for every flight!   Keeping a binky in her mouth during the ascent and descent seemed to keep her ears happy.  Tyson and I were pleasantly surprised as Elise just sat there quietly in our laps, played with some toys, and slept alot.  She only got a little fussy when she was hungry.  (Fortunately for me, and all those sitting around us, remedying that problem was pretty easy.)
Yea for Elise!!

The flight attendant was so impressed that she gave Elise some airplane wings and a certificate for a successful first time journey.  Here is a picture from when we stopped over in the Las Vegas Airport.





No comments:

Post a Comment