It's official; Tyson and I are due to have a baby on July 30th of this year, (yes- that is my birthday too)! We're excited and scared all at the same time. I am 15 weeks along, and according to the doctor, our baby is over a week ahead of its growth schedule.
This is a relief, seeing that for the past months, more than half of what I have tried to digest ended up being thrown up . . . gotta love morning sickness. Thank goodness my morning sickness is starting to "ease off" . . . not that teaching in front of a bunch of university students isn't fun while fighting the urge to hurl, because it is, don't get me wrong on that. But, all of you women out there who struggle with terrible morning sickness, and even suffer for your entire pregnancy, my sympathies go out to you! You're amazing. Morning sickness is not for the faint of heart, that is for sure.
When all is said and done though, in spite of the lack of food that has stayed in my body these past few months, according to our doctor, our baby has not been deprived of any nutrients. Like any mother feels, I believe that as long as our baby stays healthy and happy, I cannot complain. I'm so grateful for this blessing.
I announced to my students that I'm pregnant today and told my students that if my baby can be ahead in its growth under these circumstances, it is destined to be an all-star athlete, (most of my students are majoring in coaching and/or exercise physiology). They got a good laugh about that.
We'll find out the gender for sure in 3 weeks.
YEAH!! CONGRATULATIONS!! Love you Jen. You have a lucky little baby. Can't wait to see the beautiful little thing!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you guys! I'm so glad you are starting to feel better too. =) Love you girl! This is going to be one gorgeous, athletic and lucky baby to have you guys for parents. =)
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you Jen! And so sorry that you've been real sick. Morning sickness is THE WORST! Keep on updating us please! Love you.
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited to meet a little Jenny or Tyson :) Hang in there the prize ending is worth it!
ReplyDeleteHey Jenny! Congratulations on being pregnant! That is so exciting! I'm sorry you've had terrible morning sickness thus far-hopefully that will go away soon and then you can enjoy being pregnant more :) Also congrats on getting a full-time teaching job at Weber State! That is so awesome! Look at all the amazing things you are up to these days!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I have to say, teaching while sick is the worst. I can do my day job just fine, because I can always take a break or escape to the bathroom but the nights I teach are hard. I haven't announced to my students but I'm thinking the fact that I have had to take breaks during class to go to the restroom or to eat something might have clued some of them in. They ARE future nurses afterall :)
ReplyDelete