. . . is to be able to carry my husband on my back . . . for the rest of my life.
I had a pretty serious back injury a few years ago, (herniated disc). It was definitely a painful experience, but much harder to deal with than the pain of it all, was the simple fact that I couldn't freely run around on a basketball court when I felt like it, or go to the gym and lift weights, or wrestle around with my nieces and nephews, or give someone larger than myself, (such as my husband) a piggy back ride. (And quite honestly, I think Tyson would have been disappointed if for the rest of our marriage, he couldn't horseplay around with me, or play me in one-on-one basketball for fear of me getting hurt or breaking a nail.) Okay, I'll admit, Tyson is significantly heavier and stronger than I will ever be :0) therefore, carrying him on my back never lasts very long . . .but the fact is, I know it will be a sad day when I can no longer do that at all. So, I've decided that day must simply never come. From here on, I am going to request that Tyson allow me to give him a piggy back ride every now and then. I figure if I do that often enough for the rest of our life, there will never be a day when I can't lift him on my back and take a few steps, right? So there you have it-- one of my many life goals. . . .
You think I'm kidding, don't you?
He He He that's awesome Jenny!!! But make sure he knows that it's litteraly not metiphoricly :) even though us women do carry our husbands on our backs from time to time :)
ReplyDeleteKeep your goals set high, Jen =0). AND no I never thought you were kidding =0).
ReplyDelete